We are a mission-driven non-profit organization dedicated to delivering the best health care education through collaborative development and research into innovative, high-impact virtual teaching and learning methods.
An affordable, outcome-based, wellness-focused health professions education without walls.
2018-19 Annual Report
Learn how Aquifer is making an impact on health professions education, delivering on our non-profit mission, and developing innovative new tools thanks to our Aquifer Educators Consortium and many academic contributors.
Aquifer helps students develop the ability to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and clinical reasoning skills needed to:
- Diagnose and manage patient problems.
- Provide effective health maintenance and anticipatory guidance outlined in the respective national core curricula.
- Identify important elements of the patient history, physical examination, and tests, and use these to create focused differential diagnoses for patient problems.
- Apply the principles of evidence-based medicine and high-value cost-conscious care.
By completing Aquifer courses, students learn:
- To demonstrate respect and communicate effectively with patients, families, and medical professionals.
- About working effectively as a member of an inter-professional team.
- Self-directed learning and self-assessment skills to further their foundational knowledge and clinical reasoning skills development.